Friday, December 30, 2016

Day Six - Blowin' In The Wind...

Here we go with day six of the Top 2000 Countdown!  Today we are counting down from #557 to #259.

Today I pay tribute to a classic song that comes in at #417...

BLOWIN IN THE WIND
Bob Dylan


Here are Dylan's comments, that were published with the song in 1962...


"There ain’t too much I can say about this song except that the answer is blowing in the wind. It ain't in no book or movie or TV show or discussion group. Man, it's in the wind — and it’s blowing in the wind. Too many of these hip people are telling me where the answer is but oh I won't believe that. I still say it's in the wind and just like a restless piece of paper it's got to come down some ... But the only trouble is that no one picks up the answer when it comes down so not too many people get to see and know ... and then it flies away. I still say that some of the biggest criminals are those that turn their heads away when they see wrong and know it's wrong. I'm only 21 years old and I know that there's been too many ... You people over 21, you're older and smarter."

Here's a video of Mr. Dylan singing the song in 1963 - enjoy!

Check out Marit's blog to see all of the artwork from artists around the world, honoring their favorite songs from day six!

Thanks so much for visiting, and I will be back tomorrow with the last day of the countdown! See you then!

2 comments:

Emie58 said...

Definitely a classic song that never gets old..... Love this spread!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeee that song and LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEE your page!! GORGEOUS!!